Service Opportunity: Oregon Based Peer Navigators
Are you a youth who experienced foster care? Would you like to assist foster youth in Oregon to achieve their goals? Apply to be a Peer Navigator with FosterClub and that opportunity could be yours!
In Oregon, DHS partners with FosterClub to increase access to resources and opportunities for youth and young adults with lived experience in foster care. FosterClub utilizes Peer Navigators to assist eligible populations with completing ILP funding applications, navigating access to local supportive resources and serving as role models to youth in transition. Peer Navigators are aged 18 to 29, with experience living in foster care in Oregon.
The Peer Navigation model was founded on the belief that youth who successfully transitioned from foster care to young adulthood are the best role models for their peers. Peer Navigators receive training, support, and coaching to directly support their peers, reduce barriers and increase access.
Who should apply:
- Young adults age: 18-29
- Who have foster care experience and are currently living in Oregon
- That are interested and excited about working with young people in transition
- That want to give back or pay forward to the Foster Community!
- Who like to use investigative skills to figure things out and are comfortable speaking on the phone to strangers.
- This position will require a background check
Activities involved in:
Connecting youth and young adults in Oregon to resources and opportunities, including but not limited to transition funding and economic stimulus funding
Outreach and survey young people involved in the National Youth and Transition Database (NYTD)
Giving regular feedback on how to improve services and service delivery for young people transitioning out of foster care
Planning and facilitating online peer support and connection spaces
Living Allowance or Stipend:
- $250 weekly stipend
- $50 monthly telecom stipend
- Start date: Week of April 24, 2023
- Must be available 10 hours per week and attend (2) 1 hr team meetings per week
- Must also commit to engage in InsideTrack Academic & Career Coaching
- Length of time: April 2023 - September 2023